We may collect your name, identification number, address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, contact numbers, occupation, credit or debit card information, travel information and personal interests (“Personal Data”) to respond to your inquiries or your requests, inform you of the results of any promotional activity you have agreed to participate in and/or for market research concerning our business and the preparation of statistics, and/or for marketing or research promotions.
If your Personal Data is stolen, hacked, lost or damaged due to accident or by any other means, without any fault or negligence on the part of the Company, the Company may not be responsible for any damages incurred to the extent permitted under Thailand laws.
Cookies will not collect personal information such as names or e-mail addresses. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to have cookies in your computer, you may configure your web browser to disable cookies.
Certain pages on the Website contain "Web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs.).These Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by a third party.
Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL")
The Websites are adopting SSL encryption technology on the pages where personal data is input so that personal data input by customers is securely exchanged. SSL is a protocol for encrypting valuable information such as personal data which is exchanged on the Internet. SSL can protect against the intercepting and falsifying of data, and masquerading by third persons.
Purpose Of Use Of Personal Data
All personal information collected may be used by the Company individually or collectively and may be combined with other information for the following purposes:
• Marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by the Company;
• Contacting you for product or customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
• Responding to your job/application or your recruitment issues;
• Responding to business operation issues;
• Responding to your inquiries or your requests;
• To inform you of the results of any promotional activity you have agreed to participate in;
• For market research concerning our business and the preparation of statistics; and
• For marketing or research promotions.
Keeping Personal Data
The Company will only retain Personal Data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law.
Disclosure And Transfer Of Personal Data
Unless required or permitted under Thailand law, we will not disclose your Personal Data to others and/or transfer your Personal Data outside of Thailand without your consent.
In case the Company requires additional personal information, the Company will ask for such additional data from you and ensure its confidentiality.
In some cases when the Company needs to disclose your Personal Data and/or transfer your Personal Data outside of Thailand to a third party, such as our headquarters, affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers, you may be deemed to have agreed to provide your Personal Data in order for the Company and the third party to further respond to your inquiries or your requests, and/or to provide necessary service to you.
You will always have the right to approve or disapprove of such disclosures and/or transfers, or even to refuse to receive those services at any time.
We may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Data in, amongst others, under the following circumstances.
• In some promotional campaigns, the campaign sponsors may ask for additional information.
• In some cases, you may be offered information or special news from a third party. Once you agree to receive such information, your name and e-mail address will be disclosed to the third party and you will be deemed to have consented to such disclosure
• In some cases, the Company may disclose information to inform a courier company or make travel arrangements.
The Company may also disclose or transfer information to a place outside Thailand in the following special cases without your consent:
(a) if the disclosure is necessary for any prevention or detection of crime or for the purpose of investigation or proceedings;
(b) if the disclosure is necessary for evaluative purposes ;
(c) if the disclosure is necessary for preparing statistics or carrying out research ;
(d) if the disclosure is necessary for the Company to obtain legal services;
(e) if the disclosure is necessary for the purpose of or in connection with any order or judgment of a court;
(f) if the disclosure is required or authorised by or under any law;
(g) if any other exceptions / exemptions set out in the Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA") applies.
Your Choices In Personal Data Collection, Usage And Disclosure
If you consent to receiving information about the Company's products and services by mail, SMS, phone, e-mail and fax, we will contact you by any of those communication channels to inform you about our news, activities, goods and services.
If you have any complaints, questions, issues or requests about the personal data you have with us, you can send an email: DPO_TH@bausch.com. and our data protection officer will be pleased to help you.
If you do not consent to us collecting, using, or disclosing your personal data, which is reasonable for provision of certain goods or services, we may not be able to provide the said goods or services.
The Company does not have a policy to sell or lease personal information to outsiders. However, as described under Clause 4 and 5, the Company may have to disclose your Personal Data and/or transfer your Personal Data outside of Thailand to a third party. Your Personal Data will not be disclosed on and/or transferred to any further parties, unless we have obtained your consent or are legally required to do so.
Withdrawal Consent, Access To, And Correction Of Personal Data Through Our Data Protection Officer
If you would like to access and/or correct your personal data, and/or have any complaints, questions or inquiries concerning your personal data, or if you wish to withdraw or limit your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, please contact our data protection officer, by calling +66 2 643 7888 and/ or completing our personal data request form (form available here Personal Data Request Form) or you may request a copy of the form from the data protection officer), and send a copy of the duly completed form to us via email: DPO_TH@bausch.com
Caution About Loss And Inappropriate Use Of Personal Data
Please note that sending information over the internet is not 100% secured.
The Company will use reasonable endeavours to secure all information flow over the internet but cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet in any case, whether on data inflow to the Company or outflow from the Company back to you.
THAILAND DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Bausch & Lomb (Thailand) Ltd., (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers, users or consumers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, B.E. 2562 (2019) (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” or “user” or “consumer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a person who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, residential address, email address, telephone number and nationality.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
(c) managing your relationship with us;
(d) any other purposes for which you have provided the information; and
(e) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
7. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
8. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within thirty (30) business days of receiving it.
9. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7 above.
10. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
11. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
12. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
13. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within fourteen (14) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
14. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or
similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption, use of privacy filters, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
15. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
16. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
18. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THAILAND
19. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Thailand. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
20. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Contact No. : +66 2 643 7888
Email Address : DPO_TH@bausch.com
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
21. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
22. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Last updated : 07/08/2020